Backend Software Developer
JOB POSITION: Backend Software Developer
LOCATION: Maia – Porto/ Portugal
We are looking for a Backend Software Developer to be part of our Mobile Applications development team and to focus on developing backoffice applications, middleware, APIs for Nonius APPs product lines – B-Guest and GuestU, that are installed in the most renowned international chains and several of the most emblematic and recognized hotels in the world. Check more details in:
Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop the Backends for the Nonius APPs product line;
- Collaborate in the software design with the team leader;
- Apply good development practices;
- Follow design patterns and guidelines;
- Deliver high-quality software according to Nonius development process;
- Collaborate in the test specifications for the QA team;
- Create and execute unit tests, and proper source code documentation.
Profile we are looking
- We are looking for smart, good spirit, talented people!
- You must be a passionate developer, a great team player and have a strong sense of work ethics, responsibility and commitment;
- A degree in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering or any related field;
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role;
- Skilled and experienced in the following backend technologies: PHP, Python/Django, C#;
- Skilled in developing HTTP/S APIs using SOAP, XML, REST, OAuth;
- Experience with Open Source software development tools such as GIT, Bugzilla, ReviewBoard, TestLink, and editors such as Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse;
- Fluent in english (written and spoken).
We will also value the following
- Experience in developing software for the Tourism/Hospitality Industry;
- Knowledge in scripting languages under Linux environments (Bash, Perl);
- Knowledge of Web Development, Chrome inspector and development tools;
- Knowledge of SQL and databases, such as MySQL and SQL Server;
- Knowledge of Service Oriented architectures;
- Knowledge of Portuguese, Spanish and/or any other languages.
What we offer
- An exciting role on an established company that has been growing sustainable on average 30% year on year;
- Competitive salary package including Health insurance and annual bonus;
- Great Office environment with fully equipped staff kitchen, free beverages (coffee, tea,…), served by nearby subway and shuttle services;
- Team development program with lunch & learn training sessions were we explore new technologies and specific work methodologies; flexibility to attend workshops and conferences sponsored, or co-sponsored, by Nonius;
- Great working environment and to be part of a young and vibrant R&D Team that works closely with the Product Development and Quality Assurance teams.
Please send your resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference BSD1907.
RETURN APPLY FOR THIS JOB